“Chinese Government Scholarship Program” is a full scholarship program
sponsored by the Chinese government and with this program, Ludong
University is entitled to recruit Master’s Degree postgraduate students from
all over the world. Applicants can apply for this scholarship directly from
Ludong University; if being approved, your application will be submitted
to Shandong Provincial Education Department and China Scholarship Council
for further approvals.
Ⅰ. Introduction about this program
1. Scholarship availability: 9
2. Students’ Type: applicants for this scholarship should be foreign nationals
who will study for Master’s Degrees as full-time students.
3. Length of the scholarship: this scholarship is limited by the schooling
length of the specialties (for more information, please read the catalog of
postgraduate programs for international students of Ludong University)
Note: The length of the scholarship is decided upon recruitment and can not
be extended after your arrival.
Ⅱ. Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants should submit a written application and the required materials
to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Ludong University
by April 11, 2014.
Ⅲ. Qualifications for Scholarship
1. Applicants must be foreign nationals, and in good health;
2. Applicants should not be students of Chinese colleges or universities(except for those who were graduates from Chinese universities for one
year or longer)
3. Applicants should bear a Bachelor’s degree and not be older than 35.
Ⅳ. Scholarship Scope
· Students are exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, experiment
costs, practicum fee, basic teaching materials and boarding costs;
· Students are provided with a living stipend of 1700 RMB/month;
· Students are provided with a subsidy of 1500 RMB upon arrival;
· Students are provided with out-patient medical fees and Chinese
Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance.
1. If the scholarship holder requests experiments or practicum not
provided in the teaching plan, s/he should pay for the additional
2. Basic teaching materials refer to the textbooks appointed by the
university to facilitate the scholarship holders to study their
3. International airfare and inter-city travel expenses shall be
covered by the student him/herself.
Ⅴ. Required Documents for Scholarship Application
Applicants should complete and submit the following materials
(two duplicate copies for each material):
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (to be filled in
English or Chinese)Applicants should visit http://laihua.csc.edu.cn to fill in
the form online and submit all the information to the application
system. After that, please print out applicationform generated by
The agency No. for Ludong University is 10451.
If the online application system is not accessible in your home country,
you can fill in the form provided by China Scholarship Council
(available at www.csc.edu.cn)
2. The notarized Highest Degree Certificate. If the applicant is a
school student, s/he should provide a study certificate issued by
his/her school; if the applicant has graduated, s/he should provide
a work certificate issued by his/her employer. If the certificate
is written in any language other than Chinese or English, its
translated version should be notarized in Chinese or English.
3. Grade Transcripts for his/her undergraduate courses. If the
transcript is written in any language other than Chinese or English,
its translated version should be notarized in Chinese or English.
4. A photocopy of the passport and four photos taken recently
(With white background and the size of 35mm×45mm)
5. Personal Statement. At least 500 words in Chinese or English.
6. Recommendation letters from two professors or vice professors and the letters should be written in English or Chinese.
7. Academic articles or achievements (if applicable)
8. A photocopy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
(the form can be downloadedat http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/forms/foreinphy.pdf ).
The form is provided by the Entry-exit Inspection and Quarantine
Department of China and it should be filled in English.
Applicants should go through all the examinations in the form and the
form should be signed by the physician and sealed by the hospital.
Otherwise, it will be considered invalid.
All the above-mentioned materials should be mailed to the International
Exchange and Cooperation Office of Ludong University by April 11, 2014.
Approved or not, the materials will not be returned to the applicant.
Ⅵ. Areas of Study
For more information, please read the catalog of postgraduate programs
for international students of Ludong University.
The catalog of postgraduate programs for international students.xls
Ⅶ. Teaching Language
All specialties of Ludong University are taught in Chinese, and Chinese
levels of all applicants should have passed HSK 5, with a grade of no
less than 180. For those holders who haven’t reached that Chinese level,
they should spend one year improving their Chinese; only after having
passed the Chinese test can they study in their own areas. In this case,
their scholarship will be extended for one more year.
Ⅷ. Approval Procedure
All applicants will be first examined by the Review Committee of Ludong
University and then the result will be reported to Shandong Provincial
Education Department and China Scholarship Council for further approvals.
The admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) will be sent by
China Scholarship Council to Ludong University by June 15th 2014.
Ludong University will notify the successful applicants afterwards.
Ⅸ. Other Information
1. Scholarship holders should participate in annual scholarship evaluation
in accordance with Chinese Government Scholarship Annual Evaluation
2. If a scholarship holder fails to finish his/her studies for personal
reasons, the scholarship cannot be extended.
3. If a scholarship holder has to suspend his/her studies because of
severe illnesses, s/he should go back to his/her own country for
treatment and s/he should be responsible for all the expenses; with
the permission of the university, the scholarship can be reserved for
a year but the living stipend, will be stopped. If a scholarship
holder has to suspend his/her studies for other reasons, the
scholarship will not be reserved.
4. Scholarship holders should follow the regulations relative to this
scholarship. They cannot change the host institutions, areas of study
and study lengths.
5. For those students who have done their physical examinations at their
home countries, their medical records must be re-examined and
certified by the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of China
and the students should pay for the expenses; if they have to do the
medical examination again, they should pay for the expenses. For
unhealthy students, they should go back to their home country within
the time limit and they should pay for their travelling expenses.
Contact: International Students’ Section, International Exchange and Cooperation Office, Ludong University
Address: 186, Hongqi Middle Road, Zhifu District, Yantai City, Shandong Province, P.R. China 264025
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com